LOOK out, LA, Alys Longmate is on her way.
The Tewantin musician may be only 16 but she's already had a taste of the high life.
And she wants some more.
The popular songstress has already achieved more than most performers do in a lifetime and got to rub shoulders with some of the industry's biggest names when she performed at a pre-Grammys red-carpet event.
Then there were the five days she spent in Nashville, enjoying some singing and songwriting with Tonic's Emerson Hart.
But Alys's adventures didn't stop there as she also got to meet The Offspring's guitarist, Todd Morse, and spent time writing with him before they performed at the pre-Grammys party in LA.
"When Todd recommended me to perform there and I got the call I literally freaked out and tried not to scream," she said.
"I had four to five days to prepare for it but I got to perform three of my own original songs.
"Things just started happening really fast. It just all snowballed. I had to get used to LA speed.
"But playing at the pre- Grammys was amazing."
To add to the night's excitement, Alys found herself sitting next to the Jackson family at the event.
"I couldn't believe I was sitting with Michael Jackson's family. One of them looked identical to him," she said.
"The pre-Grammy event was just a huge celebration and I was lucky enough to sit next to such a big musical family.
"The whole two weeks in America was amazing.
"I met so many incredible people in both the music and acting industry it was like I was in a movie."
Alys hopes the two weeks won't be her only taste of life in America.
"My first performance there was with my own original work and hopefully there will be more to come," she said.
She is in the final stages of recording her first album, which she hopes to release in the next month, and an offer from Emerson Hart's studio could see her returning to Nashville in May to begin work on her next album.
"It's all in the pipeline at the moment," the singer said.
"Negotiations are under way so nothing is definite.
"My first album will just be released in Australia and I am hoping the next will branch out further."
This amazing position right on the water is just living the life! Fish from your own spacious deck or enjoy your own sandy beach. This spacious 3 bedroom, ensuited...
This exquisite apartment sits on the 7th floor facing East/North with stunning views of the ocean and beyond to Pt Cartwright and is ideally situated on the...
If you are looking for the perfect property ideal either as an investment or a family home, then this is definitely it. One of the quietest and friendliest streets...
Prepare to be impressed from the minute you enter this carefully designed home with high raked ceilings and an outstanding level of craftsmanship. Perfect for a...
- Ultimate coastal lifestyle awaits with the beach at your front door - Large immaculately presented 3 bedroom unit in central location - Open plan living space...
- 3 spacious bedrooms plus a study area - Luxurious ensuite & walk-in-robe to master - Large wrap-around balcony with stunning ocean views - Spacious living &...
Live the coastal lifestyle with Currimundi and Dicky Beaches just a few hundred metres down the road. This is a first floor unit in the rear of the complex and...
- 1 spacious bedroom - Luxurious bathroom with spa bath - Spacious balcony with sensational views of the Pumicestone Passage, Bribie Island, Caloundra city & the...
- 3 bedrooms - Luxurious ensuite with spa bath, plus main bathroom and separate powder-room - Spacious living & dining rooms - Large balcony with magnificent ocean...
- 2 spacious bedrooms - Luxurious ensuite with spa bath plus main bathroom - Large balcony with Pumicestone Passage, Bribie Island & ocean views - Fully...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.