CONGRATULATIONS to all the players selected in the Junior Stingray Extended Playing Squads for the upcoming selection trials in July.
Selectors in all the age groups from under-13 to under-17 have spent the last few months watching games, discussing players with coaches, and, in some cases, conducting skill sessions.
Stingray junior development co-ordinator, Ian Brown, says, "The amount of talent available in all age groups on the Sunshine Coast is very exciting and the selectors, who are all volunteers, have spent many hours watching and discussing the available talent.
"It is only natural that some players will be disappointed in missing the final part of the selection process, and we encourage these players to keep improving their rugby with the assistance of their club coaches."
The Stingray Rugby Committee has added an independent selector to each age group for the first time this year, in addition to extensive selection policies, to assist coaches with the process of narrowing down each Junior Stingray team to a final 23, plus shadows.
The final teams will be announced during the week commencing July 16.
Noosa Dolphins Junior Rugby is well represented across the squads with 33 players being selected.
Club officials are keen to wish all players the best in their efforts to make the final cut of this year's Stingray squads.
Noosa players selected are as follows:
- U17 - Jordan Mayhew and Tom Weir
- U16 - James Grigson, Mac Kippen, Dom Mantom, Sam Murray, Aden Troxall, Jasper Webb and Max Wily
- U15 - Thomas Christie, Joe Duarte, Zac Howson, Brad Morgan, Chris Morgan, Eli Pilz, Isaac Vincitoro, Dom Winmill and Jed Younie
- U14 - Ben Ashman, Patrick Gelling, Dylan Hein, David Hoffman, Borore Howton. Brock Redwood and Ben Rogers
- U13 - Jack Aldridge, Jesse Birkett, Jordan Chilver, William Christie, Jason Kerr, Max Maynard, Oscar Rogers and Jake Staveley