TWO police cars sit empty at the end of an isolated Landsborough cul-de-sac.
Their presence and the police tape across the end of Kelly Ct are the only signs anything out of the ordinary has happened in the isolated industrial estate.
But on Friday, some time before 2.15pm, it was the scene of a savage and apparently prolonged assault on a 49-year-old man.
Two men, one armed with a machete and the other with a knife, left him with two broken arms and stab wounds to his head and neck.
Beyond the police tape, the wrecks of two vehicles stand guard at the property's entrance.
Bright yellow police markers on the ground lead to another sedan.
On its boot sit what appear to be three "man traps": planks of wood studded with long nails.
Thick scrub shields the small shed where it is believed the victim lives from prying eyes.
The nearest neighbour is an industrial warehouse 400m away.
If you were planning a vicious bashing, this is where you would choose to do it.
Even on a Friday afternoon, there would be no one around to hear a thing.
News of the attack has shocked the tight-knit Landsborough community but nobody seems to know much about the victim.
Most claimed they did not know anyone lived in the area, much less who he was.
One shopowner said she had heard about the attack only when she read it in yesterday's Daily.
"To think that something like this can happen in our sleepy little town is very disturbing and alarming," she said.
"Being an industrial area on the edge of town, nobody really knows anything about him, but it makes you wonder."
Sgt Bob Martin, who was at the scene of the attack yesterday, said police would know more after scientific investigations were completed.
At this stage, police said they did not believe the attack was bikie-related.
More than that ... only time will tell. The victim was still in Nambour Hospital yesterday recovering from overnight surgery.
Police are urging anyone who may have seen a vehicle leave Gateway Ave or any suspicious activity around the time on the incident to contact Crime Stoppers, anonymously if necessary, on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
- Neat and tidy highset home that has been built to last - Comprising of 3 bedrooms with polished floors throughout - Clean and compact renovated kitchen with...
- Highly motivated vendors committed to selling on or before Auction day - Charming colonial style home oozes potential, 5 bedrooms - Positioned on a 3438sqm block...
- Serious sellers are moving on, secure a piece of Sunshine Coast paradise - Presents as new, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms & generous home office - Extensive array of...
- Four good size bedrooms all with built in robes - Well designed to suit low maintenance block - The plan is open and free flowing throughout - Centrally...
- Wake up with the water at your front door, this won't last long - Invest with confidence with future growth assured from this location - Stunning ocean views...
- Serious sellers are moving on. Entry level buying in Kuluin - Comfortable tiled living & dining areas with a modern flair feel - Stunning kitchen with vast...
- Architecturally designed home with spacious open plan - Main house complete with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms - Fully self contained 2 bedroom guest house with...
- Beach front resort with great returns cash flow positive - Stunning ocean views from every angle never to be built out - Designer 2 pac kitchen with ample bench...
- 5 years old, stylish modern family home - 4 spacious bedrooms all with built ins and ceiling fans - Master bedroom complete with walk in robe and ensuite - Great...
This is one that you will compare all the others too. A standout home that is a must to inspect to fully appreciate what it has to offer. -Dual living...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.