LYNETTE Bishop has embraced a cheeky YouTube spoof that has her strutting naked down a street with Bob Katter.The Katter's Australian Party candidate for Buderim admits, as a "46-year-old woman", she's relieved the so-called "promotional video" has her head on the body of gorgeous model.
She said men in the party took offence to the short clip, "Bob Katter's not sexist", created by Zxenmusic.
This was the same crew who had Julia Gillard singing "I wanna be Prime Minister, so friggin' bad" in 2010.
The new clip was put on YouTube shortly after Mr Katter was accused of being sexist as only four of the 54 candidates in his party were female.
It features the female candidates' profile photos as the head of gorgeous models. They strip their clothes off, with black tape censoring the private bits, and then strut down the street with Mr Katter.
Mr Katter leaves his trademark hat on and nothing else.
It's the line in the jingle, supposedly read by Mr Katter, which says: "Equality's my middle name, if bitches join it's just the same" that caused the most offence.
The next line didn't help either.
"The Katter welcomes all your bits, so please apply if you've got tits".
And then the punch line - Mr Katter's party logo with the wording "now accepting applications from bitches".
Ms Bishop was so tickled by the clip, she sent it to the Daily and posted it on her Facebook site.
She said no one knew who created it, but she could see the humour in it.
She did wish people would focus on the party's policies, but accepted "sex sells".
"We've also got brains and passion, and this doesn't come across in the clip," she said.
Ms Bishop discovered the clip after she was contacted by candidate for Chatsworth, Sarah Henry, on Monday night.
Ms Henry is the first "model" to emerge from a sports car and strip of her clothes in the clip.
Ms Bishop then "practised the strut" in front of her friends.
"It's a good laugh. If it goes viral I could have a new career.
"I need to get an agent in case Penthouse calls. We could be superstars. Bob's Sheilas could be the new band."
Ms Bishop thought "poor old Bob" came off worse in the clip than the women.
She thought he'd "screech laughing" when he saw it, but "I don't think he'll like the bitches bit".
She said she'd never heard the flamboyant party leader "ever speak like that".
"He is very courteous to women. He is incredibly polite, even behind the scenes. He is incredibly old-fashioned and has respect for women being women, not patronising respect."
Mr Katter did not return the Daily's request for comment.
- Neat and tidy highset home that has been built to last - Comprising of 3 bedrooms with polished floors throughout - Clean and compact renovated kitchen with...
- Highly motivated vendors committed to selling on or before Auction day - Charming colonial style home oozes potential, 5 bedrooms - Positioned on a 3438sqm block...
- Serious sellers are moving on, secure a piece of Sunshine Coast paradise - Presents as new, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms & generous home office - Extensive array of...
- Four good size bedrooms all with built in robes - Well designed to suit low maintenance block - The plan is open and free flowing throughout - Centrally...
- Wake up with the water at your front door, this won't last long - Invest with confidence with future growth assured from this location - Stunning ocean views...
- Serious sellers are moving on. Entry level buying in Kuluin - Comfortable tiled living & dining areas with a modern flair feel - Stunning kitchen with vast...
- Architecturally designed home with spacious open plan - Main house complete with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms - Fully self contained 2 bedroom guest house with...
- Beach front resort with great returns cash flow positive - Stunning ocean views from every angle never to be built out - Designer 2 pac kitchen with ample bench...
- 5 years old, stylish modern family home - 4 spacious bedrooms all with built ins and ceiling fans - Master bedroom complete with walk in robe and ensuite - Great...
This is one that you will compare all the others too. A standout home that is a must to inspect to fully appreciate what it has to offer. -Dual living...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.