Venus is Fallon Hudson
To be honest, the most freaky thing to come out of the anticipation of the royal wedding for me is that Kate Middleton has been immortalised in plastic.
Yep, she now has her own doll and to make the situation worse, someone actually had the time to take the doll all around London and take photos.
There she was on the tube, at a Mr Whippy ice-cream van, in a phone booth and at the Tower of London.
If I was to see someone carrying a doll of Kate Middleton, I would suggest off with their head.
Seriously, it is just the marriage of two people who want to spend the rest of their lives together. End of story.
I think Prince William should run to Las Vegas with Kate and be married by a king - I am talking Elvis, baby.
I am a woman, who hopes to get married, but I could not care about this wedding, or what she wears, or will the couple share a public kiss on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, like Prince Charles and Princess Diana did?
The royal family are boring and wealthy and that is what the wedding will be - boring if you decide to tune in with a cup of Earl Grey and a crumpet.
What might keep me entertained is if the Kate Middleton doll turns up instead.
Mars is Zane Jackson
Like most blokes, I simply can't wait for the upcoming royal wedding.
For it to be over, that is.
The only good thing about a wedding that isn't your own is hitting up the free bar at the reception and seeing embarrassing dads and other family members dancing like it's the 1970s still.
But we get none of that with Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Kate Middleton already stalks me when I walk into my local newsagency. Her face is plastered on the front of every woman's magazine imaginable.
If it is, like I fear, going to be shown live on most TV networks, there are a couple of ways us guys can make it bearable.
One way is to turn it into a drinking game. For the beginners, maybe take a good gulp every time Kate's dress is mentioned.
For the hardcore, take a drink every time "Prince William" is mentioned. Another way is to see how Kate stacks up on the day and compare her to Princes Diana. At the same age, who would have been better looking?
Both have their attractive qualities so that question is sure to raise some good friendly debate.
It might be insensitive, but so is subjecting us poor guys to all this royal wedding malarkey.
Venus and Mars is a weekly humour column by Fallon Hudson and Zane Jackson.
- Neat and tidy highset home that has been built to last - Comprising of 3 bedrooms with polished floors throughout - Clean and compact renovated kitchen with...
- Highly motivated vendors committed to selling on or before Auction day - Charming colonial style home oozes potential, 5 bedrooms - Positioned on a 3438sqm block...
- Serious sellers are moving on, secure a piece of Sunshine Coast paradise - Presents as new, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms & generous home office - Extensive array of...
- Four good size bedrooms all with built in robes - Well designed to suit low maintenance block - The plan is open and free flowing throughout - Centrally...
- Wake up with the water at your front door, this won't last long - Invest with confidence with future growth assured from this location - Stunning ocean views...
- Serious sellers are moving on. Entry level buying in Kuluin - Comfortable tiled living & dining areas with a modern flair feel - Stunning kitchen with vast...
- Architecturally designed home with spacious open plan - Main house complete with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms - Fully self contained 2 bedroom guest house with...
- Beach front resort with great returns cash flow positive - Stunning ocean views from every angle never to be built out - Designer 2 pac kitchen with ample bench...
- 5 years old, stylish modern family home - 4 spacious bedrooms all with built ins and ceiling fans - Master bedroom complete with walk in robe and ensuite - Great...
This is one that you will compare all the others too. A standout home that is a must to inspect to fully appreciate what it has to offer. -Dual living...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.