Five things you need to know today (Monday September 28)
1. BUDERIM Aquatic Centre is one 300 Australian swim schools hosting free lessons for children aged under five as part of Learn to Swim Week which starts today.
2. NUTWORKS in Yandina will unite Coast foodies to share local produce and success stories today from 3-5pm.
3. THEY reckon it's Drink Beer Day, although we couldn't find any proof. We did find it's World Rabies Day too, so you can decide which one you want to celebrate.
4. BET you didn't know it was Mary River Month, did you? The event is designed to help people appreciate the role the Mary River and its catchments play in creating a healthy community. The month will feature a number of activities organised by local groups such as the Mary River Catchment Co-ordinating Committee.
5. THE holiday fun continues at Noosa Civic with appearances by children's favourites Hoot and Hootabelle at 11am and 1pm.