EMERGENCY services were called to a Glenvale home after reports that a child had started a fire in a bedroom cupboard. 

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the crews arrived at the Balonne Rd address about 8pm. 

"The fire was extinguished upon arrival," she said. 

"We ventilated the area and made the scene safe."  

Paramedics transported a 49-year-old man to the Toowoomba Hospital with minor burns on his hand. 

They also treated five people for smoke inhalation. 


Abuse, neglect and death: Inside the nursing home from hell

Premium Content Abuse, neglect and death: Inside the nursing home from hell

Japara Noosa nursing home investigated for aged care deaths

'We are overwhelmed': Coast man smashes world record

Premium Content 'We are overwhelmed': Coast man smashes world record

Coast man breaks world record for "Murph Workouts" done in 24 hours

Top Sunshine Coast citizens honoured

Premium Content Top Sunshine Coast citizens honoured

More than 100 citizens have been honoured at Australia Day Awards