A VLOGGER in China had a near fatal experience when she accidentally ate a poisonous plant live on camera thinking it was a harmless aloe vera leaf.

The 26-year-old Chinese woman, who is known by her surname Zhang, was broadcasting her "Aloe Vera Feast" to her hundreds of viewers to promote the purported health benefits of eating aloe vera leaves raw.

"This is great. Yum," Zhang can be heard saying initially in the footage.

But it wasn't long until Zhang knew something wasn't right.

"Oh, that's bitter. That is really bitter," she then said.

Chinese vlogger Zhang was rushed to hospital when she accidentally ate a poisonous plant instead of harmless aloe vera.
Chinese vlogger Zhang was rushed to hospital when she accidentally ate a poisonous plant instead of harmless aloe vera. Supplied

Zhang was then forced to abandon her live stream and rush to the hospital when her mouth went "numb" and it felt like her throat was on "fire". The plant she had bitten into wasn't aloe vera, but was actually Agave Americana, a poisonous plant native to Mexico which resembles aloe vera.

By the time Zhang arrived at the hospital, she had broken out into rashes and blisters, according to the Shanghaiist.

Doctors were forced to pump her stomach to remove parts of the poisonous plant to save her life.

She is reported to now be in stable condition.

News Corp Australia

70+ JOBS: Spending spree to boost Noosa economy

Premium Content 70+ JOBS: Spending spree to boost Noosa economy

The State Government has announced nearly $9 million for 18 Sunshine Coast and...

Complaints against Noosa councillors highest in southeast

Premium Content Complaints against Noosa councillors highest in southeast

Startling figures show Noosa councillors received the highest amount of complaints...

Dredging river mouth ‘best way’ to bring back fish

Premium Content Dredging river mouth ‘best way’ to bring back fish

Experts say sediment needs to be cleared from the Noosa River mouth