Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.


The town with a minimum temperature of 33C

Premium Content The town with a minimum temperature of 33C

Records are predicted to melt in the first week of summer

How to use equity to buy an investment property

Premium Content How to use equity to buy an investment property

Use your equity to get that next home loan, writes Tamara Wrigley.

Devastated: ‘Loved’ boat destroyed in blaze

Premium Content Devastated: ‘Loved’ boat destroyed in blaze

A "loved" boat has gone up in flames on the Noosa River.