EVERY day I like to find an inspirational quote to motivate me in some way in my life.
Every quote that I read can touch a different aspect in my life, give me a new perspective and sometimes even change my outlook.
Today I was looking for a topic to write about and I thought I would go searching and I found this:
"Make exercise a part of your daily routine - you walk, go to the gym, play tennis, do yoga, take an exercise class … or just take the stairs instead of the elevator.
"You don't let a day go by without doing some form of physical activity that you enjoy." (Taken from "Empower Yourself" by Miranda Kerr)
I love this as I have made exercise very much a part of my daily routine and I encourage and motivate others as a trainer to do this in their own lives.
What I really love about this quote is that exercise can be anything, as long as you are physically active, and finding something that you love.
That can be different for everyone.
Spring is the perfect time to get motivated and make exercise part of your daily routine and it is also a time to explore and find the things you love most to do.
The array of activities is endless as the outdoors lifestyle suddenly becomes more appealing.
For many people spring also is a time to lose those unwanted kilos that were gained over the winter.
As a trainer I see so many people who are wanting a quick fix and quick results with their weight loss and fitness, but the reality is that there isn't a quick fix.
Making permanent changes requires hard work, commitment and dedication.
It can take time but the end results will be worth it.
Helpful tips on how to lose unwanted those winter kilos:
- Pay attention to your nutrition - I always say that nutrition is 80% and exercise is 20% if you want to make real weight-loss changes;
- Spring is the perfect time to work on healthier options as there is so much fresh produce available - salads and fresh fruit come into season and are more readily available;
- Limit sugar and processed foods that contain hidden sugars
- Make sure you control portion sizes - eating from a smaller plate or bowl will help to control the amount of food you eat;
- Exercise alone can reduce your body by one dress size and it can tone and reshape your body, helping to put all the curves in the right sizes - it all gets back to creating your daily exercise routine; and
- Make sure your energy output through the day is greater than your energy input. This is a significant factor in weight loss.
This spring start to think healthy lifestyle change.
Get active every day with an exercise routine, make good food choices and in no time you will find yourself fitter, leaner, happier and full of energy for the warm weather in front of us.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.