Gas fumes force shopping precinct evacuation

BREAKING: Fire crews and paramedics are on the scene of a suspected gas leak at a Sunshine Coast shopping precinct.

Emergency crews were called to the shopping village on the corner of Scholars Dr and University Way.

The gas leak was reported near the Raj Indian restaurant.

The area has been evacuated and two fire crews are checking the gas cylinders on site.

Paramedics reported there was nobody on site requiring treatment, but will remain at the scene as firefighters search for the source of the leak.


Noosa ‘downsizer’ pays $2m for slice of Parkridge luxury

Premium Content Noosa ‘downsizer’ pays $2m for slice of Parkridge luxury

Sydney buyer scores a three-bedroom unit in Noosa for more than $2m

Woman begs for bail after alleged renting rort

Premium Content Woman begs for bail after alleged renting rort

A 50-year-old woman who allegedly posed as a landlord to prey on tenants said she...

Man oh man, it’s not easy being Melony Brests

Premium Content Man oh man, it’s not easy being Melony Brests

Melony Brests will lead the Noosa Rainbow River Festival frolics into full-on party...