Woman suffers facial burns in gas stove explosion

The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.
The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.

A WOMAN has burns to her face after a gas stove explosion at a Toowoomba CBD cafe.

Emergency services were called to the Shingle Inn about 7.15am to reports of a gas stove explosion.

Queensland Ambulance Service paramedics are treating a female employee for minor burns to her face.

RELATED: Exploding stove shocks emergency service personnel

She is expected to be transported to Toowoomba Hospital.

The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service is on scene.

Workplace health and safety authorities will investigate.

 


Political rivals lay out their home violence fight

Premium Content Political rivals lay out their home violence fight

What one independent MP says should be top priority

BOB’S EYE VIEW: Former mayor gives his take on campaign

Premium Content BOB’S EYE VIEW: Former mayor gives his take on campaign

Bob Abbot gives his take on the election campaign. WATCH THE VIDEO

What Qld did in lockdown instead of drinking

Premium Content What Qld did in lockdown instead of drinking

Coronavirus Qld lockdown saw increase in illicit drug use