Missing man found safe in Beenleigh according to family
UPDATE 12.15pm: The family of missing Nambour man Jason Punch have reported he has been found alive and well in Beenleigh a short time ago.
A public callout for assistance from police was made earlier this morning before Mr Punch's family were believed to have located him safe at Beenleigh Marketplace.
Mr Punch's nephew told the Daily the 43-year-old had been found shortly before midday, after going missing from Logan suburb Bahrs Scrub last week.
A police media spokesman also confirmed Mr Punch had been located alive and well.
POLICE are asking the public for help in finding 43-year-old Nambour man Jason Punch who has been missing since July 13.
Mr Punch was last seen in the Logan suburb of Bahrs Scrub, walking along Skyline Circuit last Wednesday.
The Nambour local suffers from a medical condition and police are unsure if he has tried to make his way back home, unable to locate him.
He was last seen wearing a brand name track suit, possibly a Nike brand.
A Police Media spokesman said there was no suggestion Mr Punch had been hiking at the time, Skyline Circuit in a fairly standard, suburban area.
He said no SES searches were underway at this stage, but the investigation to try and find Mr Punch was ongoing.
Concerns are held for his safety due to the medical condition and a lack of contact made by Mr Punch to any friends or family.
Social media has already been employed to help find the missing man, with images of Mr Punch posted on Sunshine Coast Community Board yesterday asking anyone who may have seen him to contact police, the post already shared more than 100 times.
The 43-year-old is Caucasian, about 180cm tall, slim build with hazel eyes and brown hair.
If anybody has seen Mr Punch or knows where he may be at present, contact police immediately.