Jockey Luke Tarrant has bail restrictions relaxed
SUSPENDED jockey Luke Ronald Tarrant's rough ride with the law was made a little smoother today when his bail conditions were eased.
Tarrant, 21, appeared before Caloundra Magistrates Court on six drug and property charges.
Defence solicitor Matthew Tutt said Tarrant had bail on five of the charges but not for a stealing charge alleged to have occurred in Toowoomba.
He said he planned to negotiate with police about the details of the charges in the coming month.
Mr Tutt also asked that his client be allowed to reside at a Palmwoods address and that he be required to report to police once a week.
It had previously been twice.
Police prosecutors did not oppose the proposed changes.
Acting Magistrate Michael Bice agreed to them.
Tarrant's matters were adjourned until July 20.
Outside of court, Mr Tarrant declined to answer questions on whether or not he planned to return to horse racing.
The former Magic Millions winning jockey was banned from all aspects of racing for six months by Racing Queensland in January.
That ban is due to end on July 13.