Large sum of cash stolen from safe at Pittsworth pub
A SUBSTANTIAL amount of cash has been stolen from a safe at the Tattersalls Club Hotel in Pittsworth.
Toowoomba detectives and scenes of crime officers are this morning at the Yandilla St pub looking for clues as to who broke in.
Pittsworth police officer-in-charge Sergeant Rob Patterson said there did not appear to be any signs of forced entry to the building, suggesting whoever broke in may have used a key.
"A large amount of cash has been stolen from a safe in the office," Sgt Patterson said.
- Think seven-week ban is excessive? Time for a gut check
- Dodgy fruit picker 'hostel' busted by council officers
- Should we know where child sex offenders call home?
- Synthetic drug usage rampant on gas, coal worksites
- Police searching for car stolen from Wilsonton home
He could not confirm the amount, saying only it was "a substantial sum".
The break-in was discovered by the pub's licensee about 6.30am today.
Sgt Patterson said the break-in occurred some time after 11.30pm.
The pub was closed and secured when it occurred.
Anyone with information can call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.