Man injured in house fire after barbecue explosion

A MAN was taken to the Toowoomba Hospital with serious burns to his arms and throat after a barbecue exploded in a home at Wilsonton last night. 

Emergency services said the fire started at midnight at a residence in Barlow St, Wilsonton, after a barbeque exploded. 

The two-storey house was well involved when crews arrived on scene. 

All persons were accounted for and only the top floor was damaged. 

The fire is still under investigation. 


A majestic flamenco night you can't miss

A majestic flamenco night you can't miss

Get ready for an unforgettable night, Latin style

Remember when Hastings St looked like this?

Remember when Hastings St looked like this?

Old photos of Noosa bring the past to life

Looking for 20-yr Peregian patrols as nippers sign on

Looking for 20-yr Peregian patrols as nippers sign on

Nipper sign on backs Noosa SLSC commitment

Local Partners