Man taken to hospital after battery mishap

A 25-YEAR-OLD man is being treated for gas inhalation following an incident at the Baby Bunting store at Booval.

Police say a forklift battery emitted sulphuric acid at the baby goods store about 2pm this afternoon, causing an adverse reaction for the young man.

The building was evacuated and firefighters called in to conduct atmospheric monitoring.

Meanwhile, paramedics attended to check on the man who inhaled the gas.

He has been taken to Ipswich Hospital with minor gas inhalation.

Firefighters have since made the scene safe and left it with police and Workplace Health and Safety.
 


Feel the beat and move your feet

Feel the beat and move your feet

ZumbaNoosa celebrates a decade

Dinosaurs at the Plant Fair

Dinosaurs at the Plant Fair

Dinosaur bone search added attraction

Time to help out to ease drought

Time to help out to ease drought

How you can help struggling farmers

Local Partners