Men seriously burned after gas explosion

TWO men have suffered serious burns after a suspected gas bottle explosion on a southeast Queensland property.

Paramedics confirmed two male patients were being treated for burns to their torso after an incident at a property on Old Bruce Hwy, Tuchekoi, south of Gympie, just before 5pm on Sunday.

One of the men was airlifted to the Royal Brisbane Hospital, while the other man was transported to a hospital on the Sunshine Coast.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services were also on scene assisting QAS with first aid.

QAS tweeted reporting the incident was a gas bottle explosion in a shed.


Turning the tables on youth homelessness

Premium Content Turning the tables on youth homelessness

'People are living in their cars, are couch surfing'

Shock findings: Abused kids taken from bad to worse

Premium Content Shock findings: Abused kids taken from bad to worse

Vulnerable kids taken from bad situations and put in even worse ones

MUDDIED WATERS: River health shows rapid decline

Premium Content MUDDIED WATERS: River health shows rapid decline

Health of one of Noosa’s natural assets is quickly deteriorating