Nana Net's Pikelets
- 3C SR Flour with good pinch of salt
- 1C Oat Bran
- 3 Tbsp Golden Syrup or Sugar
- Milk or water till desired consistency
Eggs can be used if desired as part of fluid component, and in place of or in addition to golden syrup, grated apple or mashed banana's can be used.
- In pouring jug mix oats and flour with salt added, add syrup, then water or milk whisk
- add more till desired consistency is obtained. Due to oar bran, will thicken as sitting, so more fluid may need to be added.
- In skillet/ fry-pan /flat plate brush with butter or spray with oil, place dessert spoon fulls of mix leaving room for spreading
- cook till bubbles form and start to pop
- flip and finish serve as is, or which ever way you like.
This recipe is in all ways yummy scrummy and good for your tummy. Low GI, Can be made dairy free & egg free, a sustaining snack.