Where there's smoke, there's not always fire
SMOKE coming from a Kings Beach unit complex was discovered to be issuing from a dryer. Smoke was spotted at the Rolling Surf Resort about 12.15pm yesterday.
Firefighters wearing breath apparatus entered the smoke-filled unit to track down the origins of the smoke. The entire Levuka Ave resort complex was evacuated with fears the fire could spread.
The fire was extinguished upon arrival and contained to the dryer. It is believed the fire started at the back of the dryer.