Firefighters on the job
Firefighters on the job

Where there's smoke, there's not always fire

SMOKE coming from a Kings Beach unit complex was discovered to be issuing from a dryer. Smoke was spotted at the Rolling Surf Resort about 12.15pm yesterday.

Firefighters wearing breath apparatus entered the smoke-filled unit to track down the origins of the smoke. The entire Levuka Ave resort complex was evacuated with fears the fire could spread.

The fire was extinguished upon arrival and contained to the dryer. It is believed the fire started at the back of the dryer.


FULL LIST: Noosa Magistrates Court appearances today

Premium Content FULL LIST: Noosa Magistrates Court appearances today

Here is a list of matters listed at Noosa Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

Qld’s grim status as fatal shark attack capital of world

Premium Content Qld’s grim status as fatal shark attack capital of world

Worldwide study puts Australia as deadliest place for shark attacks

Climate cost: State’s disaster bill to hit $60b a year

Premium Content Climate cost: State’s disaster bill to hit $60b a year

Climate change to cost Queensland $60b every year by 2038