Two dead from heater fumes in Sydney cabin

TWO people have been killed from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in Kurrajong in Sydney's north-west.

Police said the deaths happened early on Monday morning in a makeshift cabin on Browns Road in Kurrajong, near the Blue Mountains.

The area is semi-rural, with several holiday homes in the region.

The Rural Fire Service said it was believed the couple had the heater in the cabin when they were overcome by the fumes.

Police are investigating.

Read more at ABC News

 

 


‘Achilles heel’: Unemployment holding back QLD recovery

Premium Content ‘Achilles heel’: Unemployment holding back QLD recovery

QLD’s high unemployment ‘Achilles heel’ to economic recovery

Identity of motorcyclist killed in Gympie crash revealed

Premium Content Identity of motorcyclist killed in Gympie crash revealed

The 29-year-old motorcycle rider was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.

Cancer steals Coast dad from young family

Premium Content Cancer steals Coast dad from young family

Death sparks outpouring of emotional tributes for young father