Two hurt as gas bottle explodes

A MAN and woman have suffered serious burns after a gas bottle ignited at a far north Queensland home.

This incident, which occurred about 2.50pm, is believed to have happened at their home on Miara Close, at Kewarra Beach.

A police media spokesman said the extent of their injuries were unknown, but were described by officers on scene as "significant".

Emergency services rushed to the address after reports of a loud explosion inside a house but a police spokesman was unable to confirm if the gas bottle had exploded.

Detectives from the Criminal Investigation Branch are attending and will investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident. A crime scene has been set up around the property.

News Corp Australia

What they said: Captains, coaches react to big deciders

Premium Content What they said: Captains, coaches react to big deciders

See what St Teresa’s and St John’s leaders said about the clash

Coast woman’s new lease on life after COVID-19 redundancy

Premium Content Coast woman’s new lease on life after COVID-19 redundancy

A Sunshine Coast woman who turned to her spiritual side in a surprising career...

Cleaner loads bra with doctors’ scripts to fuel drug habit

Premium Content Cleaner loads bra with doctors’ scripts to fuel drug habit

Dale Jessica Freeman sneaks doctors’ scripts to fuel drug addiction