Prince William ‘could give Meghan away’
MEGHAN Markle's dad and brother are not invited to her wedding - with Prince William instead set to walk her down the aisle, according to reports.
The Royal couple are set to tie the knot on May 19 at St George's Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
But according to The Sun, the American actress' two closest male relatives will not be present for the event.
Markle's half-brother Thomas Markle Jr - who was last year accused of putting a gun to his girlfriend's head during an argument - did not get an invite, according to the Daily Star.
An unnamed source told the paper: "I think it is because he just can't seem to keep his mouth shut.
"If he would quit talking to the media, Meghan would probably be more into the idea of inviting him."
And a second report claims her dad Thomas Sr will not be giving her away at her wedding as he has also failed to make the guest list.
Another unidentified source quoted by the Star said: "She's also worried about how he would handle it as he's become even more of a recluse.
"Not to mention the fact that there has been some bad blood between Harry and Thomas after Harry made comments about her finally getting the family she never had."
Instead, Prince William could be set to fill in and walk her down the aisle - despite Markle reportedly preferring for her mum to give her away.
The source added: "Some of the royals aren't happy about the idea, so they suggested that William do it."
The reports come after Markle's sister Samantha, 53, insisted that her dad would be fulfilling the traditional wedding role of the father of the bride - including making a speech.
Samantha Markle, from Florida, said: "Of course my father wants to speak at the wedding and he will.
"He is proud and looks forward to it."
Kensington Palace declined to comment on the latest reports about who will attend the wedding.
This story first appeared in The Sun and is republished with permission.