YMCA Caloundra has welcomed 17 clubs and nearly 280 competitive gymnasts to its new venue for the last state competition for 2016.
Event director Trevor Dowdell said that conducting a Gymnastics Queensland calendar competition in Caloundra was a huge vote of confidence in the value of the new YMCA centre.
Clubs from Gladstone, Wide Bay, Gympie, Cooroy, Maroochy, Woombye, Caboolture, Brisbane North, Brisbane South and Logan City contested Men's Level 2-6 events and Women's National Level 3-10 events.
Seven competitive sessions were run over November 12 and 13.
For the first time in Caloundra, senior level gymnasts from women's levels 7 through to level 10 performed.
"These young ladies were incredibly skilled with many twisting saltos, beam saltos and big swinging Uneven Bars routines,” Dowdell said.
YMCA Caloundra gymnasts were outstanding against the other visiting clubs.
Top results for Caloundra gymnasts were:
- Men's Level 3 - Patrick Smith 2nd All Around and Connor Russell 3rd All Around
- Men's Level 4 - Dion Owen 2nd on Pommel Horse and Leighton Holak 2nd on Parallel Bars
- Men's Level 6 - John Sterio ist Rings and 2nd on Parallel Bars and Vault.
- Women's Level 4 - Charlee Mills 3rd All Around and Alexandra Thorne 1st Balance Beam
- Women's Level 5 under - Grace Villano 1st All Around and 1st on Bars and Beam.
- Women's Level 5 over - Thea Owen 3rd Allaround and 1st Vault
- Women's Level 6 - Megan Eldridge 3rd All Around and 1st Balance Beam
- Women's Level 7 - Seyanna Roberts 1st All Around and 1st all apparatus
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.